Thursday, September 3, 2009

I like writing. I do. No, really. I am saying it so many ways to try to remind myself that I do, indeed, enjoy writing. I have a three year old and a five year old. Most of my writing time involves tracing dotted letters and spelling random words. It is incredibly hard to make myself take the time to write for myself about something that interests me.

One way I can make this a little easier, is to have a nice place to write. My husband recently refinished a desk for me that I have reserved as a me only desk. No children's papers or applesauce allowed! I have a nice lamp with a white shade, a small blue vase with small white flowers painted on it for pens, and a nice stack of books I am currently interested in. I like to write short bursts in notebooks and longer writings go on the computer. My desk faces a window that oerlooks the MTSU campus. I have a lovely view of trees while I write. I am hopeful that this class will make me use this little used space more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment